The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

October 20, 2006

I'm angry.


I'm very angry.

Let me start off by saying that I need a place to vent. I know that Kim trusts her doctors with her life, and she needs to. But I'm still angry.

So, it's been a year since she found out that she has breast cancer. She has been through chemo. She has been through radiation treatments. She is on medication that makes her hands and feet burn and peel. She has lost her hair. The one thing she can't seem to lose is the cancer.

She went for CAT scans. There are slight changes in her cancer. There is a mass by her left ear. WTF!?

I'm angry because I feel as though the same doctors that Kim is trusting are not doing what they could be doing. Why have they left this beast in her body to spread and grow? Why haven't they removed the spots on her lungs. Why do they keep "trying" stuff when they could have gotten rid of it.

Please, say a prayer for strength and healing. Say a prayer that the doctors really do know what they are doing and do it well.

And, on a sort of related note. Last night, my sweet baby Kyle used $10 of his birthday money to sign up to walk with me tomorrow in the Race for the Cure. When he found out that he had to walk with me, he was fine with it. Hubby and I were talking about the registration fee, and he heard us, and came with his money. I explained to him that we would pay it. He looked at me and said "But I want to help the doctors make the medicine so that the women don't get sick." At 7 he gets it.

I'm now upping the challenge. If you have a child, visit my donation page, (follow the link below) and make a donation. Donate in your child's name. Give the same amount that Kyle did. It's painless, and if it helps 1 woman it's worth it.

Kim, you are the strongest, most incredible woman I know. Don't give up. I will be here for you if you need anything. You are my inspiration and my hero. I will pray for you every single step of that 5k walk I'm doing tomorrow. I will pray for you non-stop. I love you.





********************************

Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support Susan G. Komen - Maryland Affiliate in my Race for the Cure.

********************************

3 babbled along:

Post a Comment

<< Home