The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

October 01, 2006

Woo Hoo! It's a party!

Remember being a kid and the biggest thing to happen all year was your birthday party? There were all your friends, and cake and ice cream. Then there was the excitement of games, and presents. You hoped for the latest game, or doll or toy.

Then as you got older, the parties changed. Would that cute kid you had a crush on show up? Would they bring that other girl? If you were lucky, there might just be older games. Do you remember that game where you would go in the closet with a boy? What was it? 7 minutes in heaven? Ah, the excitement of a party when you're in Junior High...

Then there were the High School parties... The boys and girls... not wanting to act like they like each other. The big thing was if someone's older brother would buy beer for the party.

Then you graduate, and grow up. You have Tupperware, Pampered Chef and PartyLite parties. Then, I find out that a friend is having a party. This one... a little different than a Tupperware party. If I were going in person, I don't think I would take my mom along. Then again, she is single and she just might appreciate going. Might be able to pick up a little something to keep handy. You can see what I mean here. This ain't no little high school party. And this? Really scary. Enough said.

3 babbled along:

Post a Comment

<< Home