The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

September 29, 2006

Blogger's block...

You know, I sit at work most days and things pop in my head to tell you all about, but then I come here, and I completely either forget what it was or can't get it into words.

Does this happen to any of you?

So then I go off and read other people's blogs and think "Man, that would have made a great post!" and can't use it cause I don't want to steal other's ideas.

Traci had a suggestion, and I was going to blog about it last night, from home. I got home, and after dinner, and homework (this week might be Kyle's first week he gets a 100% on his spelling test, as long as he can remember that knit has a 'k') and other various activities and Grey's Anatomy, and Shark. I hadn't blogged about it. But it was a good idea, so keep watching for it.

Then I wonder, while some of you that read, know me and my family, do you want to hear about the everyday stuff, or should I try to be witty and random? Do you want a peek into my life that I normally don't show? It's so hard to know what to type about.

I could make every post about my kids, or my bad dog, or my hubby. While I really try hard not to post my dirty laundry, sometimes the StupidX makes it hard not to post about him.

I'm sure you might want to compare your wonderful marriages to mine to see if we're both as happy as we say we are. But even if I wasn't happy, as you'll notice in the past, I don't post the big things. Is it surprising that we have our share of Big Issues? Shouldn't be. Everyone does. You know you do too.

You might even want to compare how your great kids are against my great kids. I don't really want to talk about only them though. It's hard talking about activities because I don't want everyone to know what my kids do exactly or where they do it. I mean this is the internet, and I do have to protect my babies. I don't think I've given anything away that you would know exactly where we live. Well, after all MD is a pretty wide general area.

Putting comparisons aside, there's lots of stuff that is interesting, but a lot that I think is interesting, but you might find a total waste of your time and the space on the internet.

So... I'll open the floor for questions or suggestions about what you want me to write about, and if I can, I will... I'll steal all your ideas, and turn them into some amusing silly anecdote for your reading pleasure.

Comment away! (Oh, and if you're a lurker, and you know you are, say hello already, I don't bite. Honest.)

5 babbled along:

  • At 11:50 AM, September 29, 2006, Blogger Jill said…

    Well, from my standpoint, you don't need to be witty or clever. Sometimes the funniest stuff comes out by accident. And I would never find your sharings about your kids, dh, life, etc. a waste of my time. I read because you're my friend and I love you! It's kinda like a one-sided phone call... I'd listen while my local friend rambles in my ear, and I'll 'listen' no matter how you choose to ramble from down there. ;)

     
  • At 12:40 PM, September 29, 2006, Blogger Queen Bee said…

    Yeah, what Miss Jill said ;)

    Love ya, Karen, it's all good reading to me!!

     
  • At 1:03 PM, September 29, 2006, Blogger The Cluck Wagon said…

    Blog about your most lurid McDreamy dream - so I can come kick your butt and then write in MY blog about how I kicked your skinny bootie. ;)

     
  • At 2:01 PM, September 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There are some of us that think you do bite (at least that's what Doug says LOL)

    You write whatever makes you happy! I love hearing abou the family but I also know the family, so that explains a lot.

    Smooches.

     
  • At 5:24 PM, September 29, 2006, Blogger Heather said…

    I love reading everyone... I love out of the normal stuff... I love every day stuff... I love big issues... I love random posts... I think those are the most fun.. specially when they have 15 subjects and non of them mesh at all but they all make sense to you. Because then when my kids interupt me (or my phone) I can just pick up where I left off and not have to read the whole darn thing again to remember what the heck was going on LOLOL That is a true story.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home