The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

September 26, 2006

Life in the fast lane...

Yep, that's me... just flying through life. Things are pretty busy now that those routines are in place. Doesn't help that there are extra things thrown in, like birthday parties, and scouting trips.

Because it's been busy, I'm going to just dump. I'm good at that.

Kay met a boy. He's 18. Not much difference between 18 and 19 if you ask me. This boy is a Senior in high school. He does not drive. His mom works with Kay. That's how they met. This woman set them up. She showed me some of the text messages that he sent to her... He's telling her that he's thinking about her and he calls her "sweetheart". I have agreed that they can go to the movies this coming weekend. I haven't yet told her that I would be taking them. I'm not ready for her to grow up. If I don't give her permission to do somethings, she will think I am unreasonable and while I would like to believe that she would never disobey what I ask of her, I remember being 16.

Nikki also has met a boy. He is 14 and in the 9th grade. She wanted to go to his baseball game this coming weekend. I did tell her no. I told her that she needs to quit being so boy-crazy and just focus on her schoolwork, and her friends and herself. That she was too young to date. She was too young to even think about dating. She's the one I'll have to watch. She is so eager to do what ever will make someone like her, and goes with the crowd way more than I like. Anyone know of any good convents? ;)

The boy across the street is a bad influence. My sweet baby is becoming an evil beast. I noticed them playing games of what I thought was tag the other day. I said something to Kyle at dinner about it, and he said they weren't playing tag, they were playing "Vice City"... as in Grand Theft Auto. The boy is allowed to play this video game, and while Kyle is there, he watches him play. I have already told him that I don't want him to play, and he has told me that he doesn't. But... if they are then going to run around and play this game in the front yard, what's the difference?! He's also been backtalking a bit. He lost use of our PS2 for 3 days because of it. He is not allowed to go into The Boy's house either while on this punishment. Guess I can't really blame this behavior on the StupidX... but I do need to stop it and fast.

Oh... and for those of you who know me... I'll just say, I left the lights on. And, was pleasantly pleased with the response. That might have to happen more often. ;)

I think we're going to do the stupid Rat for Ky's bday party. It's the easiest and most accomodating option right now.

Ok... I think I'm done dumping... oh except that I really don't feel like working, I want to go home. I wish I could afford to be a SAHM... My kids are at an age where I could stay at home to be there in the afternoons after school, and still have time to do some stuff for me. I go in cycles... I'm at that point in my cycle that I want either a new job or no job. I know I've said this a million times before, but I really need to write a resume and do something. As long as it's a 9-5 job, making as much, Hubby said I could do what ever I want.

Ok... now I really think I'm done. thanks for letting me dump.

4 babbled along:

Post a Comment

<< Home