The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

October 12, 2006

Chilly toes!

For those of you following along in the Saga of the Sock... It is no more. I had that dropped stitch, and then while checking to see whether it was time to start the toe decreases, I discovered I have big feet. Hey! Stop laughing. They have to be big, I'm tall.

Since they didn't really fit, and they were messed up, I undid all my hard work. The cat was very interested in the pile of yarn that was growing on the bed beside me. I re-balled the yarn, and cast on again.

Hopefully this one will be better.

Maybe I'll have learned to count...

We'll see...

Once I get a sock to turn out, I'm moving on to sweaters. I also saw a really pretty doily. You remember doilies don't you?

Maybe I should stick to scarves... what do you think?

********************************

Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support Susan G. Komen - Maryland Affiliate in my Race for the Cure.

********************************

4 babbled along:

  • At 4:53 PM, October 12, 2006, Blogger The Cluck Wagon said…

    Leg warmers maybe??

     
  • At 1:26 PM, October 13, 2006, Blogger Queen Bee said…

    I think your socks will be great! And your feet aren't big at all :)

     
  • At 1:20 AM, October 15, 2006, Blogger Heather said…

    Ooooooh poor sock... Have you see or read the Harry Potter books? Your small sock just made it pop into my head... Give it to Dobby! LOL You prolly have a house ELF somewhere in your midst you need to set free... LOL

     
  • At 1:20 PM, October 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aww, poor sock! I can't tell you how many times I re-started my first pair ;) Keep trying, you just need a basic sock calculation pattern. Give me your gauge in stitches per inch, give me your foot length and circumference around the ball of your foot and I can give you a nice easy pattern!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home