The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

October 06, 2006

White coats...

Do you ever have those days when it seems like you are just running in place? This week has been crazy at work. My office mate has been out part of or all day every day this week. I've been dumped on by my bosses and hers! It wouldn't be so bad if I knew where her stuff was.

Things at home are getting insane. And, Hubby, when asked to do a round of musical kid drop offs, looked at me and said, "They aren't my kids." Yeah, that went over well. Let's just say that one of us, not a happy camper. It's all good though, cause he took me shoe shopping. I got a new pair of shoes for the Race for the Cure. My others weren't comfy anymore. Now I just need to get out there and break them in before the big day.

BTW... can I just mention, I signed up to the Race, and I am really excited, but I signed up on my own. I'm not part of a team. I'm an individual. I'll be there alone. I'll be there by myself. I'm a little nervous about that. I'm hoping that I'll meet some new people and that I can talk to while walking my 5k.

I just feel like at any minute, the men with the white coats will show up, and they'll put me in the room with no corners and pretty quilted walls.

Oh, and I'd like to give a little shout out to my friend. I'm not perfect either. I have more than my share of skeletons in my closet. Just know that I love you, and I'm here for you, too!


********************************
Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support Susan G. Komen - Maryland Affiliate in my Race for the Cure. ********************************

4 babbled along:

  • At 2:16 PM, October 06, 2006, Blogger Amy said…

    Thanks sweetie, it is a huge smack in the face realizing that what you have wanted everyone to believe you are is so totally not what you are. Don't worry, I'll be right there with you in that cornerless room with pretty quilted walls. And shoes, shoes solve everything??? Maybe I need to do me some shoe shopping.
    Huge Hugs.

     
  • At 8:22 AM, October 07, 2006, Blogger The Cluck Wagon said…

    Let's all go shoe shopping together!!
    Hang in there girlie!
    Just made my donation, a day later than I promised but I didn't forget. ;)

     
  • At 11:32 AM, October 07, 2006, Blogger Queen Bee said…

    You're a better woman than me, Karen, I don't think I would have forgiven that comment even with new shoes. Smack upside the head for that man! There, I feel better now :)

     
  • At 10:19 PM, October 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Huge Hugs!!! I would have smacked him upside the head :P And new shoes, cool!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home