The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

May 04, 2006

Man o man... life is insane!

Let's see, where did we leave off in our continuing saga I call life? Oh yeah... the field trip. From there, things got bad.

Kyle was supposed to have his opening day last Saturday, but StupidX came through in his normal fashion to ruin his day. He was soooo excited for opening day... had talked about it non-stop for about 2 weeks. I call StupidX to give him the details, and he states that Kyle will not be there. What?! What jerk would keep his kid from doing the thing he has talked about, been planning and practicing for? Yep. That jerk. There were several back and forths.... and I have to say, there is no real satisfaction in hanging up on someone with a cordless phone. I want the "SLAM" you get when you use a corded phone. That said, Friday night on the phone, were 2 very upset and angry children. They had to go to a bday party for some kid they see 2 times a year tops. I had to do my best mommy lie to get Kyle calmed down, by telling him that he would have a great time at the party, and that he would be at baseball on Tuesday, and that he would be fine. Meantime, my heart is breaking that he has to do this. There are reasons he's my StupidX, and he proves it everyday.

Jump to Sunday... I get a call from Nikki, they (her and some friends H & A) want to go to the mall... can I take them. Um, dad made it very clear that it was his weekend, make him do it. Then she tells me that he's going to the dr cause his leg hurts, and my first thought was "What a baby... sheesh. Just his wifeypoop had ortho-surgery on her knee on Thursday, he has to have something wrong with his." That was the last I heard, so I figured he actually acted like a parent, and took her to the mall. About 2 pm, I get a call from him saying that he has to go to the hospital, and could I go get Kyle. Sure, whatever. Later, wifeypoop calls me. He has a blood clot in his leg. I have to admit, I felt a little guilty about wishing he would get hit by a bus. But not for long.

Last night he called to ask if we could switch weekends so that the kids would be here for the dance recital, since they don't like the way that wifeypoop fixes their hair. I agreed, and it worked out well, since I was going to ask him, this way he'll feel like it was all him. Whatever, dork.

On to other exciting news. Kyle was at baseball on Tuesday, was up at bat and just kinda bunted the ball... I thought it was because he didn't get good contact. Wrong. He got great contact. With his right middle finger. It swelled up, got all purple and nasty. No, I did not take him to the dr. I figured if it was broken, it's a finger, they aren't gonna do anything but buddy tape it, maybe a splint, but he could move it, it didn't feel broken, and there was no odd bumps or weird angles to his finger. He said it really, really hurt the next morning, but we just let it go... by the time he came home, he was using it, and the swelling had gone down some. Not completely, but some. He complained again this morning, but not like he was yesterday. I guess it's getting better.

Kay wants to know what's wrong with dating a 19 yo guy... Um, cause you aren't 19?! He's the friend of her friend C's brother. She really likes him. She's able to stand by what she believes. Why won't I let them go out? There are so many reasons... He's 19, she's 16. I would rather she not date at all. There are different expections of a relationship when you are 19 as opposed to 16. I don't want her to be distracted by this guy, and end up letting her grades slip. She says it won't happen. I'm not giving it the chance. Am I being an old-fashioned fuddy-duddy? I mean, am I wrong for putting my foot down? She claims that if she were in the position that he said "have sex with me, or I'll break up with you" that she can walk away. I've been 16. Everything is way too intense. She will NOT walk away... at least that's my feeling. Besides, he's 19, she's 16. Why is he going after her anyway?

I really, really, really hate allergies and all the various meds that go with it. I think I need to lay my head down on my wrist rest, and sleep. just for a few minutes. You'll wake me, right?

1 babbled along:

  • At 1:05 PM, May 04, 2006, Blogger Queen Bee said…

    And you're only giving us the highlights, right? Lowlights? Whatever, he's your x and there are many reasons why. Sorry about Kyle's finger, poor kid. Glad it's getting better. Stick to your guns, three years is not much but it's a world when they're this age. 18 and 21 sounds much better.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home