The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

May 07, 2006

Another year older...

So... you know you're old when...

Your spouse wants to take you on an easy hike... an "easy" 10 mile hike that really ends up being 12 miles and it takes you 4 days to recover enough to walk right.

Your "baby" keeps asking when she can take driver's ed, since she's already 16... sheesh, she's never gonna drive at this rate. (Precisely! That's my plan... )

You go out to dinner with your spouse, and when you get home at 9:45, you're ready for bed.

Someone jokes and asks what anniversary of your 20th birthday this is, and you realize, that the anniversaries outnumber that one.

Your kid's friends ask how old you are, and when you tell them, they get this look, like they are looking at a rare museum piece. Ha! I wish I was that well preserved.

Happy Birthday to me! Celebrating the 21st anniversary of my 20th birthday... ;)

6 babbled along:

  • At 9:37 AM, May 08, 2006, Blogger The Cluck Wagon said…

    Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Karen, happy birthday to you!
    Trust me, that version is better than the real singing version. ;) Hope you have a great day!

     
  • At 10:57 AM, May 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday!!!

     
  • At 12:31 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger Heather said…

    Happy Birthday toooo yooouuuuu! Happy Birthday tooo youuuuu! Happy birthday dear Karen... Happy birthday toooo yooouuuuuuu!

    Love ya!

     
  • At 2:30 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger Queen Bee said…

    Happy Birthday Karen!! Now you can proudly say you're as old as me ;)

    Btw, Heather can really sing, so I'll just let her do it, that's my bday present to you :D

     
  • At 5:09 PM, May 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy, Happy my friend. Enjoy your 20's, they go by really fast LOL.

     
  • At 9:55 AM, May 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy birthday!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home