The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

April 02, 2006

Spring has sprung...

It was soooo nice this weekend. It was good that we ended up with and extra hour of daylight too. Yesterday, I didn't get nearly as much as I wanted to... you know, like nothing! So... we skipped church today, and Doug was out at 8 mowing the lawn... Sorry neighbors! I was up and doing some indoor cleaning this morning. We went to the grocery store, came home, and did some more stuff here. Then I took Kay to a friends b-day party. Came home and vegged for a bit... cleared out the 580ish emails that I hadn't read, and wasn't going to read now... Then we had dinner, and headed outdoors... I dug up a spot in our garden, and I planted some daylilies. I replanted the snap dragons from last year... I'm not sure they will bloom again, but they were still alive and were getting some new growth, so I figure it's worth a shot. if they don't, I'll just yank them out, and plant more next year.

I cleaned off the front porch, washed off all the patio furniture, and threw out all the junk that was living there. I think it was safe to put the snow shovels away, and the ice melter stuff... ya think?

I swept the porch, and while doing that, I noticed that outside window is nasty! I think I'll have to get out there with a bucket of soapy water and wash it off. It's looking really bad. I'll have to hope for a nice weekend next weekend too.

In other news... not very exciting news, though, I have a dermatologist appt tomorrow. You know how they say if you've had a bad sunburn you're at a higher risk for skin cancer... I've had about a gazillion bad sunburns. One time it was so bad, that I couldn't put on real clothes for about a week. I had to wear this terry cloth shorts thingy... you remember them. One piece terry cloth tube top like with shorts... Anyway. I have some weird moles, and other various things that I want to have looked at. I hope that they tell me that I'm just being paranoid, but you know, better safe than sorry.

Guess I should go get in the shower, and head to bed... who knows, maybe I'll get lucky. ;)

4 babbled along:

  • At 2:51 AM, April 03, 2006, Blogger Heather said…

    LOL your last line ;)

    Sounds like you had a productive day! That is awesome!

     
  • At 9:40 AM, April 03, 2006, Blogger The Cluck Wagon said…

    Sounds like a productive weekend. More so than mine was. Hope dr appt goes well, keep us posted.
    And now I wanna know, did you get lucky?? ;)

     
  • At 12:36 PM, April 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like a great weekend! Hugs on the moles, I never burned, but I have a few that need looking at as well. Helps to be an Oregonian, we're more likely to have moss growing on our North side than sunburns! LOL!

     
  • At 2:08 PM, April 03, 2006, Blogger Amy said…

    I enjoyed the beautiful weekend weather too. It was so nice to open windows and air everything out. Of course, the darn weatherman mentioned snow for Wednesday morning.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home