The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

March 24, 2006

WOO HOO! It's friday!

I didn't think it would ever get here! For some reason it has been a long week. Been busy at work, but I've got a lot of stuff done... especially that day when Traci wasn't around to keep interrupting me... hehehe... like I really need help to goof off.

I think I'm going to go home and have myself a drink... something a little stronger than iced tea. We'd all been passing this stupid cold around, (Cherie, Maya sounds like she had what we've all had... ) so I want to just go home and relax, maybe watch a movie, and split a bottle of wine with the hubby. Sounds like a plan to me.

Oh, on the jello legs front... last night, hubby goes down to ride the bike, and he's back upstairs in about 3 mins it seems... he said the seat on the bike could be hazardous to "the Boys" health... I about fell over laughing! So, a little later, I went down to take a ride, and he had messed with the gears... I felt like I was pedaling thru tar! My legs were screaming after only 2 mins... I stuck it out for about 5, but thought I was gonna die! I might drop it back a bit... that was too much like a work out... LOL!

Oh, one more thing, what is it with these huge blow-out sweet 16 parties? Kay got another invite for one... they've rented a hall, are having it catered by the hall, and for what?! WHat's the big deal about your 16th birthday? It's not like it's some big life changing year... she's not turning 18, 21 or one of the other biggies... 30, 40, 50, you get the idea. Why do they insist on doing this? I guess I'm just annoyed because while I would have loved to have done that for her, I couldn't afford it. We can't swing driver's ed right now either... ($400 for someone to teach her how to drive! Even if she waits until she's 35, she still has to take driver's ed... and you know, teen accident rates haven't really dropped any... sheesh, what a scam.) I just might succeed in my goal to be the topic of more than one conversation on a therapist's couch... sigh...

4 babbled along:

  • At 2:47 PM, March 24, 2006, Blogger The Cluck Wagon said…

    ROFL at Doug and his "boys" ;)
    Doesn't the local high school offer driver's ed or is that a thing of the past - omg, am I actually old enough to say a thing of the past?!?!?!?!
    I was able to take it thru school - it was maybe a 2-week program right before the school years started - mornings in the classroom, afternoons out driving. It was free and we got a credit for it too!

     
  • At 3:28 PM, March 24, 2006, Blogger Queen Bee said…

    We don't have driver's ed here, sounds like a scam to me too - $400!! Ack! Tell Doug maybe he should wear protective gear to ride the bike ;) What kind of wine do you two drink? Pink? *LOL*

     
  • At 3:53 PM, March 24, 2006, Blogger Jill said…

    A lot of our local high schools still offer driver's ed as a class, maybe you should consider farming her out for six months or so and getting it for free! :P Besides which, I don't know too many moms who wouldn't mind loaning their teenager to someone else every once in a while, LOL!

    Poor Doug... an investment in a good cup might help, and I'm not talking coffee! :P

     
  • At 9:17 PM, March 25, 2006, Blogger Molly said…

    400 bucks! wow! I have no idea if my driver's ed was paid for by my parents or just part of the high school courses.. either way.. it didn't help much.. I had 2 speeding tickets and totalled a car the first 2 years of having my license. I am a MUCH better driver now.. ;)

    The bike riding is tough.. Do you have a timer? I always tell myself I'm going to ride for 15 minutes. Then try to push myself for another 5. Its been a while though.. something I need to start doing.. and soon.. The husband usually plugs in his PS2 and plays a game while he spins.. I usually zone out to my iPod.. or think about things that I don't usually have time to think about during the day..

    Anyway.. just wanted to let you know that I am reading! ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home