The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

February 16, 2006

Ok... so it's not that bad...

Well, after our blow up on Valentine's day, and me spurting blood all over the place in my hissy fit, we have done the proverbial kiss and makeup.

We both acted like babies (but he was the bigger baby) about washing the stupid dishes. I'm over it for now, but you can bet that the next time this comes up, I won't let him forget.

On other fronts, I think I need to have a sit down with the X and the boy. I'm tired of being the bad guy. I shouldn't be the only bad guy in this. X picked up kids 2 days in a row this week for dinner. He usually does this 2 day dinner thing, but not usually back to back days. Kyle had a fit! Daddy has too many turns. I need to tell the judge that Daddy's food tastes like dog crap. Daddy's house has bugs. The kids over there (the X's stepdemons) are mean to him. You name it and he'll complain about it at the X's. According to my lawyer, unless there is abuse or neglect, there isn't much I can do. As much as I dislike the X most days, I don't think there is either of those going on. I think if I sit down with the 2 of them, hopefully the X will be mature enough to help us sort it out. Probably not, though. He seems to think that when ever something like this is going on, I'm out to blame him. I will only blame him if he is at fault. I just think that Kyle doesn't like to stray from his usual routine... and the X moving days here and there all the time doesn't make it easy for him to know what to expect.

I guess I can be the evil X better than the bad guy, cause I hate seeing my kids hurt the way they do when they are forced to go with him.

This weekend is the X's weekend with the kids... I don't think I'll tell Kyle ahead of time. I'll let the X break it to him when he shows up.

2 babbled along:

  • At 4:48 PM, February 16, 2006, Blogger Queen Bee said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 4:50 PM, February 16, 2006, Blogger Queen Bee said…

    I'm an idiot and can't spell. Can we edit these comments? I'll repeat myself instead...

    There are so many reasons to celebrate. First among them, he's your *EX*, not your current. Whew!! LOL at the dog crap comment ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home