The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

March 12, 2006

Sometimes Girls really do rule...

Today was Kyle's Blue and Gold banquet (original date in February was snowed out). He made a cake again a little different style this time. I have to admit, I like the way this one turned out better than the last one. There were lots of cakes following the various themes... Ours was for best Banquet Theme, which was the Pinewood derby. He got the blue ribbon. THere was one that was made to look like a campground, and one that looked like a cub scout shirt. The idea was for the boys to make the cakes. Kyle did that, with little help from us. I mean I cut the cake form, but the icing was mostly him. He put the decorations on. He even mixed and baked the cake. It was a fun bonding thing for us. I was very proud of him.

He got his Tiger scout badge, and his plastic foot thingy... it has beads on it... I can't remember what it's called. You would think that I would have picked up a program... nope. Anyway... he got those, and Doug and I got a pin.

After eating yummy food, we had our Pinewood Derby. Kyle came in 3rd in his heat, and was eliminated... That was ok though, cause he was just excited that his car raced. Now on to how girls rule... Doug and I also made derby cars. He chose an aerodynamic design kinda like a half circle. He said it would have the least wind resistance... Mine looked like a sedan. What do I know about aerodynamics? It was the only thing I could draw, and it was easy to sand. He painted his red, with a yellow racing stripe... Colors of speed, he said. Mine was white, pink, and pastel blue, with pink and blue flowers. I'm a girl, what else did you expect? Flames and skulls? So... it's our turn to race (we were the only adults that made a car, so we raced against each other) and in the first run, it was really close, then I pulled out in front and won! 2nd race, same thing... Ok, they run 4 times per heat... I had to win or risk a tie... They're on the starting line... they drop the gate, and down the ramp they go... and they cross the line, and the flowers have the power! WOO HOO! My car won! Now, mind you, I really didn't think it was going to, and it really didn't matter, cause I won of course... LOL!

All the other mom's of the other boys, were all cheering, and yelling that I had won. I felt kind of bad... I'm not a gracious winner... LOL.

All in all it was a good afternoon...

3 babbled along:

Post a Comment

<< Home