The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

March 12, 2006

Sometimes my daughter amazes me...

She is very bubbly and outgoing. She is everyone's friend, and they all love her. She almost never speaks ill of anything. And when called on to do something, she steps right up.

Today was Youth Sunday at our church and they needed someone to do the kids talk (a little mini sermon for the kids... makes it easy for them to get the lesson behind the scripture reading). She volunteered. She organized 2 other girls to do it with her. They told the story of the 3 little pigs and how it related to the the gospel lesson (Matthew 7:24-27). She was energetic, and bubbly, and the kids liked the story, and I think she liked telling it.

The other day, she was going thru her old yearbooks, and in the back of her 5th grade year book they had a list of things... you know, favorite memory, favorite teacher, what I want to be... She had teacher written down, but she put a line thru that, and had written, Pastor. What a wonderful thing. If that's what she wants to do, I think she would be very good at it. She really enjoys going to church, she enjoys doing the youth service, and enjoys talking to the littler kids.

While sitting there, watching her sharing the story of how you can have a strong and fruitful life if you build your faith on a strong foundation like Christ, my heart welled with my eyes. I was filled with an overwhelming sense of awe... Have you ever felt that for your kids? It's pretty cool.

2 babbled along:

  • At 8:26 PM, March 14, 2006, Blogger Queen Bee said…

    That is really awesome, Karen! Yeah, I've experienced that, "Is this MY child? Wow!" feeling before, gives you goosebumps!!

     
  • At 2:17 PM, March 23, 2006, Blogger Jill said…

    Karen, I have to ask, did she come up with the 3 little pigs parallel on her own? I am using the same example this summer at the campground, and I've never heard of anyone else using it before... and there goes Nikki, showing me up! LOL What a great kid she is, she must have one terrific mom!

    Jilly

     

Post a Comment

<< Home