The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

March 23, 2006

My legs felt like Jell-0....

And that was only after 7 mins... UGH!

So, last night, I'm in my old ratty sweats, cause I'm doing laundry, and I didn't want to have anything else dirty so I was washing the clothes I had been wearing, and I walk by the exercise bike... It's mocking me... my mini goal was to ride it at least 3 times this week.... my lazy butt hadn't even gone down the steps all week for anything else, why would I want to go down just to do that?! So, I drop the wash in and get it started and hop on that thing... well, after 5 mins my heart was pounding, I was panting like a dog in a desert in August, and I thought I had been there for hours. I made myself stay on for 2 more mins, and then when I went to get off, my legs felt like jello.... It is going to take me a while to get up to 20 mins I think... but I'll keep trying.

Readers, any suggestions on how to build up stamina faster? I mean I don't know if I should pedal slower ( I was pedaling pretty quick, I figured a leisurely ride wasn't gonna cut it.), or just gradually increase my time... or both?

Oh well... at least there is food and running water down stairs, so if I ever can't get my legs to work after a ride, I could just stay down there....

1 babbled along:

Post a Comment

<< Home