The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

March 28, 2006

The world didn't end...

Actually, Kay called on the way home from school, and said that she wants to leave her hair the color it is. Everyone liked it. Go figure... we went from her wanting to shave her head, to her being happy that it's the way it is.

Well, at least that's the impression she gives. I noticed that she used the regular shampoo and conditioner again (not the stuff for color treated hair) hoping to lighten it some more. I think once she gets used to it, it will be fine.

On the splinter front... it's still there, and it still hurts, but I've been using drawing salve on it, and it seems to be coming out some. Good thing my nails grow fast. I've seen pictures online of how they remove them from under the nail, and I don't think I want to do that... they cut a V shape in your nail, take that piece out, then take out the splinter... nope. I don't think so. I'll just let it do it's thing... if it gets really nasty infected, then I might think about it.

In other news, Kyle has a really loose tooth. His first. Yesterday, he only wanted soft food for lunch... didn't want to have it come out. Today, I was packing his lunch and he wanted all hard stuff, so that it would come out. I let him know, that he just needed to be patient, and when it was ready, it would happen. Just in case, I told him that if it happened at school, to make sure to let the teacher know, so that she could put it in a little "tooth keeper" box for him to bring it home. He wants to not put it under his pillow. He wants to save all his teeth, until they all fall out, then he's going to put them under his pillow and the tooth fairy can leave him lots of money at one time. Where does he come up with this stuff?

4 babbled along:

  • At 2:54 PM, March 28, 2006, Blogger Queen Bee said…

    Glad Kay likes her hair now :) Semi-prep-goth, she's unique! Hope the splinter comes out soon and doesn't get infected at all. Tell Kyle that the tooth fairy only leaves money for X number of teeth at a time (one, two, you pick the number) and/or that they have to have fallen out within the last couple of days. Btw, does the tooth fairy leave extra for the first tooth? She does here, plus she leaves the first tooth AND money because she knows that parents like to save the first one :D

     
  • At 3:14 PM, March 28, 2006, Blogger The Cluck Wagon said…

    You know, I've said it before, but I love the way that kid thinks. ;)

     
  • At 3:23 PM, March 28, 2006, Blogger Heather said…

    Actually that is awesome about the tooth! He is learning the value of saving money already. Good job Karen ;)

     
  • At 5:19 PM, March 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's too funny about Kyle and the teeth...who knows what goes through their heads!!! Hope it comes out soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home