The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

April 03, 2006

My uneventful trip to the Dermatologist...

So, nothing like getting all worked up and stressed over something you think is going to be really bad, and then have them say, "Nope, that's normal." I was so relieved, that I got teary. I was pretty scared by this thing I had growing on my side, under where my bra strap goes. She said it was normal, and that they could freeze it off if I wanted. I told her that I didn't really wanna, but it was annoying, and I was constantly messing with it. So she zapped it with some freezie air, and it should fall off in a couple days.

I showed her the things I get on my face... they look like little pimples, but they are there for a while, and then they pop thru the skin... the thing that comes out almost feels like a grain of sand. (sorry if it's icky... ) Those are millia she said (I guess that's how you spell it) and aside from looking like little tiny pimples, they are fine too.

The other thing I wanted to mention to her was that I had a skin tag... anyone who has kids, knows that this is pretty common after a pregnancy... only mine was on my, um nipple. It started out as a little bump, then got bigger... I said something to hubby about having her look at it, cause I wanted to make sure that the position wasn't going to be an issue. His response? "I hadn't even noticed it. " So, I whip out the nipple, and I flash 2 doctors, and they both said that it's not an issue either, and that if I want they can "snip" it off. Ok, I don't know about any of you, but the words, "snip it off" and "nipple" don't go together for me. I declined. I could go with the method that my gma's dermatologist did, and just tie a piece of dental floss around it... from what I understand (from my gma... gotta love her... ) it's like castrating a bull. It will just shrivel up and fall off. Again... "shrivel up and fall off" and "nipple" do not belong in the same sentence. My luck, I'd castrate the whole nipple. It don't hurt, it obviously isn't in the way of having fun (wink, wink) and hubby hasn't even noticed it... we're good.

She looked at some other stuff, was almost concerned about something else, but changed her mind after getting out the magnifying glass, and then sent me on my merry way. I don't have to go back unless I have concerns. Nope... now that I know what the ok ones look like, as long as there isn't anything other than those, we're good to go.

Oh... and on a side for all those inquiring minds... I got lucky on Friday night... by the time I got out of the shower, he had fallen asleep. I didn't want to wake him just to... you know... so I let him sleep... this morning, he had forgotten to turn his alarm on, so he overslept. If I had known that was gonna happen, I woulda woke his butt up. :P

4 babbled along:

  • At 3:46 PM, April 03, 2006, Blogger Heather said…

    LOL you crack me up ;)

     
  • At 11:36 AM, April 04, 2006, Blogger The Cluck Wagon said…

    Nipple, snip and shrivel!!! ROFL!
    Glad there was nothing to worry about though.
    And leaving DH alone to sleep = getting lucky??? LOL

     
  • At 1:08 PM, April 04, 2006, Blogger Jill said…

    Okay, I'm shivering at the horror of that post, LOL!!! Glad nothing needs to be shriveled, snipped, frozen, etc. from your goodies. ;)

    From one who comes from a family genetically predisposed to many, many skin tags... sigh... they are annoying and ugly and their existance threatens what little positive body image I have, but hey, at least they are harmless.

     
  • At 2:40 PM, April 04, 2006, Blogger Queen Bee said…

    Moles, skin tags and such - oh my! Glad you checked out just fine, Karen :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home