The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

January 06, 2007

Wonder what this says about me...

Ok, for those of you that are lucky enough to know me in person know that I am not organized. Not even close. I'm so disorganized that I'm late for everything. Forget to do things... big things sometimes. I lose things... no, I still haven't located the bag o' goodies for my son's teacher gifts. Everyone knows that's just how I am.

For Christmas, Hubby and I got a new DVD shelf thing. The one we had, was overflowing, and we were using part of the bookshelf which meant that we had no where to put our books, so they were piling up in the bedroom. (Yeah, he's more organized than I am, but there are some things... ) Last weekend, Hubby and Kyle took all the movies out of the bookshelf and put them on the new shelf.

It was already almost full... Then, Kyle wanted to take a movie to daycare... he didn't know where to find it. It wasn't on the old shelf, so we had to look all over the new shelf... finally located it. That night it happened.

I got bit by the organization bug. I dragged over the old dvd shelf, and I put all the kids movies on that one, and the adult movies on the new one. The adult shelf was pretty full. While I was doing that, Hubby wanted to watch a movie, so he came over and was looking over my shoulder. He couldn't find what he wanted... Ouch! bit again.

Are you sitting down? I alphabetized the DVD shelf. Yes, you read that right. DVDs. In order. By title.

Oh, yes, sometimes I am a freak, and no, the bites didn't last long... that's the only thing that's organized.

I have to go now... I have to call myself. I don't know where I put my cell phone. sheesh!

Labels:

4 babbled along:

  • At 2:48 PM, January 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my! Alphabetized? You go girl! I'm still trying to dig out my office and I moved it over 3 months ago :)

     
  • At 6:30 PM, January 07, 2007, Blogger Queen Bee said…

    Oh wow, Karen!! Did you alphabetize both or just yours? I separated the kid movies and the not so kid movies a while ago too because it was so overwhelming to try to find one in the mess.

     
  • At 7:26 PM, January 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL! I have to call myself at least twice a week for the same reason. I only wish my car keys could ring.

    You alphabetized the DVDs? That sounds like fun...um not.

     
  • At 9:45 AM, January 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG, too funny. I've had to call my phone before - but because I dropped it in the snow, not because I lost it.

    Wanna come do Mark's dvds now?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home