The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

January 04, 2007

Did you ever wonder about some of the things that people google?

I'm always humored by the ways that people find my blog... I mean there are the ones that link through from a comment that I've left, or from a group I belong to, but there are the ones that google a phrase and end up at my blog...

Here are a couple from the last few weeks...

1- "how to deal with a mean mom" - Ok, easy to see from the name of my blog that someone may think I know how to deal with a mean mom, but I don't. I *AM* the mean mom... Hope you find an answer to your question... and if all else fails, deal with her by killing her with kindness... do the dishes, do the laundry or clean your room.

2- "obnoxious children" - Ok, again, this one is pretty easy to see the link... I'm mean because my children, like all children, are sometimes obnoxious. When they become too obnoxious, threaten to make them clean something, this usually helps settle them right down.

3- "redneck barbecue cooperstown" - Really? I've been there, and there were no redneck barbecues... Maybe I was in the wrong part of town. That might have been more interesting than the Hall of Fame...

4- "terry cloth tube top" - Now this one scares me. Please tell me these are not coming back into fashion... They were scary when I was 18, I'm sure they would still be scary now. I guess because back then, I didn't have enough... top to keep the tube up.

5- "french horn circle of forths" - Could someone please explain this one to me? I have no idea...

The last one for today...

6- "moms castrating bulls" - This is one set of moms I don't know I want to meet... I mean, would you want to go hang out with these women? I bet they don't get hit on by the creepy drunk guys at the bar, though. At least not more than once.

The other thing that I've noticed, and I have conversations with others about this, are the ones that will do a google search for my exact url. If you know it to google it, why not just type it in and come here directly? Do you think there's more than one of me, and they're looking for the other one? Hmmm... that's a thought. A very frightening thought...

Labels: ,

3 babbled along:

  • At 7:56 PM, January 04, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How do you find out how people see your page?

     
  • At 9:39 PM, January 04, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My most popular referrer is currently a tie between:
    cowgirls castrating and castrating photos

    Do you think it is a sign?

     
  • At 10:17 AM, January 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG, those are funny. Next time you visit, we'll have to hunt for that redneck barbecue. ;)
    As for the url search, I *think* that might be when people use Google, Yahoo, etc. for their homepage and then, when they want to view the blog, type the url into the search bar instead of into the address bar. I *could* be wrong, but I've seen people do it several times in the past week so...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home