The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

December 15, 2006

Let's see... the end of another week. The Christmas clock is ticking. I always stress over this stuff. Did I get the right gifts? Is it what they want? What if they already have it? Then, with the kids, it's a matter of making sure that things are pretty even. Does one kid have "more" than the others? Is there one kid with "less"? It wouldn't matter if the kid with more got nothing but rocks, sometimes the size of the pile is all that matters. I will say it's going to be a pretty slim year... we've tried to keep things in control, and it's hard for me. I want to give them everything they ask for. By no means could you call my kids spoiled. They don't ask for much throughout the year, but come Christmas, the lists are long and very often they get most of what is on it... Well, aside from the laptops, and tvs for their rooms. This year, each child is getting something on the bigger end of their list and lots of little things. I had a comment about Hubby knowing what to get his sister. When asking him what she likes and/or needs, his suggestion? A sweater. Her husband is getting one, why not her too? He can be very creative with gifts, don't get me wrong there, but for everyone in his family? Sweaters.

On a completely unrelated note, my cat has worms. Oh joy. Guess I'm calling the vet to get some meds, but then they'll want to see her, and it will cost me more than I want to spend. She's a sweet cat, and I'll do it, but I won't be happy.

The boy lost his tooth... well the boy pulled it out. He was excited, and wanted to save it until Christmas eve. He thinks he could cause a traffic jam if the Tooth Fairy and Santa came at the same time. Where does he get this stuff?

Well, I'm off for more water... it's funny how sometimes I was eating snacks, and wasn't really satisfied but, now, drinking a glass of water I see that I wasn't really hungry, I was just thirsty.

2 babbled along:

  • At 8:27 PM, December 17, 2006, Blogger Queen Bee said…

    It *is* hard not to buy everything on the list, I agree.

     
  • At 9:51 AM, December 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is so hard not to buy it all. But your kids will appreciate you for it when they're older. ;)
    One year my friend's hubby got everyone touch lamps for Christmas. Not sure if that's better or worse than a sweater. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home