The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

January 09, 2007

Can I PLEASE pack away the summer clothes?

So... It's January 9th. Is it cold where you are? Saturday, just 4 days ago, it was 70. Yes, you read that right- Seventy!

I watch the snow falling on Colorado, and I feel a slight twinge of envy. Not much though. I mean I like the snow. It's pretty. For a day. Then it's grimy and gray, and nasty. I like winter. The air is cold and crisp and for a change from the summer when I can't see the Harbor from the bridge because of all the haze, on a crisp, cold winter day I can see the city clear enough to see the individual windows lit up on the buildings.

Today is a little more seasonal, and the weather man even used the "F" word. No, not that "F" word... He said "Flurries". I wouldn't mind some flurries. It would make it feel more like I think it should for the 9th of January. I don't want the 8 foot snow drifts that they have in Colorado, but I would like some snow.

Global warming? I don't know... there's been lots of talk about the ice caps melting and polar bears being endangered... I just hope that if we're going to all roast to death, that it takes a couple hundred years so that all the ancestors that I might think about, I won't really know. Does that even make sense?

Hopefully I won't have just jinxed myself and we now get dumped on. That would be just my luck...

Labels: ,

3 babbled along:

  • At 7:35 PM, January 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We're hoping for a snow storm tomorrow. Mixed up weather!

     
  • At 8:49 PM, January 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It was 60 here on Saturday. It's about 25 now. It feels like 10. Gimme my warm weather back. Thankfully it will get back into the 50's by the weekend. You can have our flurries.

     
  • At 8:59 PM, January 09, 2007, Blogger ƒåυνέ said…

    Actually, I was in Maryland over the weekend and got to enjoy that 70 degree weather and beautiful sunshine.

    I'm back to normal old 'flurries' now...and I'm not envious of CO at all!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home