The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

January 29, 2007

Bugs...

I really hate bugs. They are nasty disgusting things...

Oh wait, I don't mean the creepy, crawly kind, I mean the germy kind. (Though I'm not too fond of the crawly kind either...)

It seems there is a bug in my house. Last week, Kay had something. Not sure what, she didn't complain that anything hurt, just that she lost her voice. It went away after a couple days, and she's better... she's pretty wiped out though...

Now, Nikki has that bug. She however complains more. She says that her throat hurts, and she can't swallow. Lovely. Now, while I'm not a doctor, and I don't play one on TV, I have had my share of Strep Throat. I get it almost every winter, sometimes twice in one season... and one time bad enough I was in the ER hooked up to IV antibiotics for the day. Yeah, I know my strep. So, armed with my knowledge, I looked in her throat, and it doesn't look like Strep. It was kinda bumpy, but not the kind of bumpy that is strep. I really don't think that's what it is... but we have an appointment tomorrow to have it checked out.

Wonder if I can get a dose of meds for me... my glands are a little swollen, and I really don't want to spend a day in the ER again...

Maybe I'll just call my Dr, and see what she says... Of course then I'll probably have to get a dose of this... even more joy...

In the mean time, I think it's time to get the Lysol out and do a little exterminating... Oh joy.

Labels:

2 babbled along:

Post a Comment

<< Home