The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

September 07, 2006

Some things are confusing...

(I don't really like to talk bad about my coworker... she's had a rough time of it lately, but somethings just get to be too overwhelming.)

I will be the first to admit that sometimes, I confuse easily. Shocking isn't it? Not if you know me. By the same token, while I might confuse easily, I usually can figure stuff out, and it doesn't take me long to become un-confused.

Take our phone system at work... Yes it was a little confusing at first, but only because until we had this installed in June, we had the same old system for about 11 years. It took a little getting used to, and I'll admit, I have "lost" the occasional phone call. My lovely Office Mate? She still can't seem to get through a day without hanging up on someone, or transferring someone to the wrong extension, or some other equally simple-until-she-tries-it blunder. I just don't get it. We are sharing the receptionist responsibilities. We answer the same number of phone calls. The other thing that I don't understand, is why, when the caller ID shows my name and my home number does she almost break her arm going for the phone? Does she think that my family wants to talk to her instead of me? I also don't understand the need to read them outloud. Backwards. You know the caller id displays "Smith, John" so that's exactly how she reads it... and she then tries to figure out what kind of first name Smith is!

The other thing that I totally don't understand is why she thinks that no matter what she is doing, when it doesn't work the way she thinks it should, which is half the time wrong, she thinks I know why. Our new client tracking software, again until recently (July) we've had the same software for 11 years, is totally different than what we used in the past. Why she would think that they are the same and will work and function and create everything exactly the same is beyond me. I don't know why when you click on that button the stuff doesn't auto fill. I never had the need for that, since we do completely different billing.

Also, one last thing that really seems to bug me is that when someone comes into the office, and they've walked up to the window, that she didn't want the desk next to, and I speak to them, if she can't see them from her seat over there, she feels the need to stand up and come stand behind my chair to see who they are. Does she think they don't see that? Or does she think it's any better to actually get up out of her chair and look out the office door to see who is in the lobby? That's almost as bad as when there is someone sitting in the lobby chairs, and someone walks through the lobby, they stop to ask if they've been helped. No, I watched them walk through the front door that is 8 feet from my desk, grunted, and pointed to a chair. I was supposed to help them? UGH!

Sorry, that's been a long time coming, and I have been meaning to put it all down here in the past, but is seems that someone else has cornered the "Dear Co-Worker," letter market.

3 babbled along:

Post a Comment

<< Home