The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

August 27, 2006

I have to put grease on the what!?!

So, this weekend has been interesting to say the least.

Friday night, hit a bump with Hubby, and it's getting better, and I'm not going to talk about it, especially not here, but we agreed we would handle it privately, so even if you ask, I'm not gonna tell cause that's what agreed to. (Whew, you try typing that all in one breath... LOL!)

Saturday, Usual running around, and we discussed fixing the kitchen faucet that doesn't shut off, and Hubby said we'd do it today. Ok... not sure why we had to wait, but whatever.

Today, Hubby got up, took Kay to work, went to the grocery store and came home. I was awake by 8:35... on a Sunday that I didn't need to get up early... ugh. So I'm sitting and drinking the coffee that Hubby so kindly stopped to get for me, and he says, "I don't think we should mess with the sink." Um, what?! I'm up, you told me to get up so that we could do it this morning, and now you aren't sure we should do it? I told him that if it went horribly awry, we'd figure something out, but we were going to attempt it.

We got it apart, and headed to the Home Depot. (While there, we looked at paint colors for the living room.) We bought the little kit to fix the sink, and some plumber's grease. Wonder if that's why their pants never stay up and they get plumber's crack... hehehe... Came home and put it back together. It works like new. Whew! There for a second when we putting it back together and it wasn't wanting to work right, I was a little worried. I was also a little worried when I saw how small those little springs were. They were tiny! Glad I didn't drop one.

So, all in all, an interesting weekend. Oh, and the kids start school tomorrow. Let's just say, there's little motivation for that around here. The only one that's excited is Nikki. Kyle said he's only going this year, then he's going to quit. He says that every September. Wish us luck!

3 babbled along:

  • At 10:54 AM, August 28, 2006, Blogger Queen Bee said…

    *LOL* about Kyle quitting after this year! WTG on being Mr & Mrs Handypeople, that's great :D And you know I wanna ask but I won't...

     
  • At 5:28 PM, August 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Karen, you won't believe what I was thinking! I read your title then glanced at the first paragraph about DH. I thought oh no, I don't think I WANT to know! LOL
    Glad your sink is fixed!

     
  • At 12:57 AM, August 29, 2006, Blogger Heather said…

    LOLOL I am with Jill.. I was like... Oh no... should I read this? LOL Not more leather... Leather and grease dont mix!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home