The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

August 18, 2006

It's a matter of pride...

It's a known fact that male lions will chase off or kill young cubs in their pride. They do this so that the lionesses will go into heat and they can mate again. Typical guy. The lioness will hide or move her young to protect them. She's the mom, she's supposed to. Besides, cubs are tiring, you really think she has the energy to mate after chasing cubs around the Savannah all day?

There's also the rule, never get between a momma bear and her cub. She'll rip you to shreds to get to her young ones. Again, she's the momma, she's supposed to.

So, are human mommas any less protective of their little ones? I don't think so, I just think we've grown enough to know that ripping someone to shreds could get us in a bit of hot water.

Knowing all this, you would think that my StupidX would know that if he messes with my babies, I'm rip him up. His latest dazzling show of parental prowess? Tell your 16 year old that you have no idea why they keep talking about and planning on going to college. She'll never get there, and will spend the rest of her life flipping burgers at McDonald's. Tell her that you don't know why she just spent 2 weeks wasting her time doing an internship since it won't matter anyway cause she won't ever get to college. Explain to me why a parent, who claims to love their children as much he says he does would do this?

So, after about 45 mins of damage control, she left me feeling a little better. I gave her the pep talk about how much I'm happy with what she's doing and where she wants to go with her life. She seems to have it pretty much together. I explained to her that I really don't think he wants her to fail. He really doesn't want to see her stuck in the same town we live in now for ever... flipping burgers. I also told her that if anything, she needs to make sure that she gets her butt out there and does the best she can, just to prove him wrong.

Another thing she told me was that he doesn't say these things to the 13 year old. So I asked her, what does he say when she tells him her thoughts on where she wants to go to college and what she wants to be? She told me that she's never said anything to him because she doesn't want the same reaction that Kay got. She doesn't want him to say those mean things to her. Since that conversation, she told StupidX her college choice and her thoughts on a career path. She said he just looked at her, asked her why she wanted to do that and walked away. Gotta love the open flowing support he gives his kids.

So, to sum this up, Momma lions will hide their cubs to keep them from harm. Momma bears will rip you to pieces if they think you're gonna hurt their babies. This Momma? She's gonna have to go all Lions and Tigers and Bears on someone if he doesn't stop hurting my babies. They are smart, they are funny, they are well rounded and can do whatever they want. If you get in their way, I will take you out.

5 babbled along:

  • At 5:10 PM, August 18, 2006, Blogger Lara said…

    OMG! They're not my kids, but I'm ready to go lions and tigers and bears on him, too! What an idiot! I think your kids are amazing, and you're a fantastic mom.

     
  • At 5:56 PM, August 18, 2006, Blogger Jill said…

    If you need a place to hide out from the law afterwards, come on up. Sounds perfectly justifiable homicide to me. Oh, I would just love to come slap him for you!!!

    You have such bright, wonderful, lovable kids. They make me laugh and want to keep 'em every time I see them. Why on earth would their own PARENT want to be such a jerk towards them!??!? Where's the frying pan??!!

     
  • At 9:17 PM, August 18, 2006, Blogger Queen Bee said…

    I can't believe that he does these things, over and over. Amazing that you actually had kids with this idiot, Karen. You know what I mean *hugs* Tell Kay that she can be whatever she wants to be, Nikki too. I know you tell them that, make sure they know that I said it too, and all the other moms who are ready to pounce on stupidex for you. Grrrr!

     
  • At 9:45 AM, August 19, 2006, Blogger Heather said…

    Where is that icon with steam coming out the ears... Man... he would be my StupidX too! What a fool!

     
  • At 8:45 AM, August 20, 2006, Blogger The Cluck Wagon said…

    The man simply needs to be beaten about the head with a HUGE cast iron frying pan!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home