The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

July 04, 2006

Happy Independence Day!

So, today is the 4th of July. Is everyone celebrating? (Happy belated Canada Day to my friends in the great white north. :) ) So, this morning, on my day off work, I was up at 6:30 to take Kay to work, then headed out to the parade. Our "little" parade lasted about 2 1/2 hours. There were marching bands, war veterans, and lots of politicians shaking hands and kissing babies. It's always nice. Since our community is close, you are guaranteed to see someone you know. We did... the guy driving the bookmobile. America's Miss Maryland Jr Teen. Oh, and Tenderheart Bear and Ronald McDonald.

After sweating too much, we headed home. Kids were supposed to go to StupidX's today, and watch the fireworks tonight with him, but both girls are headed in different directions. Kay has a BBQ to go to, at a friend's that lives next to where they shoot off the fireworks. Nikki is headed to a friend's and they are skipping the fireworks. When StupidX called to ask Kyle if he was going to go with him to see the fireworks, he said he didn't want to go. He wanted to see "mom's" fireworks. Oh well... so much for a quiet evening... Hubby and I were even trying to figure out if we could take a pass on the fireworks. Guess we aren't now. So, I'll spray down with bug spray, drive 30 mins to go 3 miles, sit on a crowded field, and then do the reverse drive. But you know, I'm not complaining. I can do all this because I'm an American. Land of the Free, Home of the Brave. And I'm proud of my country.

I hope that all of you are too.

Happy Independence Day!

2 babbled along:

Post a Comment

<< Home