The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

June 21, 2006

Irrational fears...

Got any?

In case you didn't know this yet, we got the boy a new pet... yep, every child needs something to cuddle with and call his own... so we got the boy one of these... Well, they say that I should keep the tank between 78-86 degrees... so this morning I went in to check on her, and the temp was at 74. I turned on the heat lamp to get things cooking in there.... I didn't have enough time to let it warm up in the tank before leaving for work, so I left it on. I called home at about 11:30 to ask the oldest daughter to go in and turn off the light. She couldn't. She was in tears. I mean sobbing! She was afraid. I'm not sure why, but she wouldn't even go in his room to see what the temperature was. Finally, at about 3:45 she called me back. She did it. I don't know why she is afraid as much as she is. It completely baffles me. I mean of all the snakes, ball pythons are one of most docile. They aren't poisonous, don't bite, and snakes aren't slimey. I just don't get it...

So, I'm sitting at work, and this little thought keeps popping into my head. North Korea has a missle... Could it reach here? What type of missle? What will happen when it gets here? Will the US be able to stop it from getting here? Where will my children be? Where will Hubby be? If we're going to get blown to bits, I want to be with all of them.

Irrational fears.... I guess I can't really be hard on her for not liking the snake, if I'm freaking about a missle... can I?

5 babbled along:

  • At 10:21 PM, June 21, 2006, Blogger Heather said…

    EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! I would freak out on you too.... LOL I dont care for snakes... specially in the same house I am sleeping! EWWW!

     
  • At 2:56 PM, June 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok, I couldn't even make myself click on the link, cause I just knew what it was going to be. I have a Major fear of snakes. I totally have the creepy crawlies right now!
    Jillo

     
  • At 9:50 PM, June 22, 2006, Blogger The Cluck Wagon said…

    Did I forget to mention I have a reptile farm in my basement?

     
  • At 11:48 AM, June 23, 2006, Blogger Queen Bee said…

    Karen, I'm proud of Kay for going in there (eventually). Big thing to overcome, really. Anyway, don't fret too much about North Korea, I don't think it would reach the east coast ;)

     
  • At 11:48 AM, June 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok all I have to say is you are a better parent than I am...GGAAAAAHHHHH.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home