The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

June 14, 2006

Camping... the final chapter...

I could drag this out forever, but when blogger cooperates, I don't have the time to type it all, when I have the time, blogger crashes. Can you say irritating?

Ok, so lets see... where was I?

Oh yeah, Saturday morning... Saturday was a good day, and we had lots of sunshine to dry off everything that got wet. We went for a walk, tried to get to a waterfall but the creek was too high to cross. Hung out at camp, and just goofed off. Later that day, we were down by the creek, and B found a snake... just a little one, but it looked something like this and was enough to slightly freak the guys out. hehehe... We made chili for dinner, and toasted marshmallows and made s'mores. Sunday we headed to Spruce Knob. After a long day of wandering around, we headed back to camp, and started dinner... we ended the weekend with a bang. We had some awesome steaks from the Amish Farmer's Market near home (of course we are no where near Amish country, so I don't know truly how "Amish" my market is...), baked potato, salad and wine... lots of wine for some of us. We sat around the fire for a while, and I headed to bed early... about 10:30. The guys were up, I could hear their voices and the cd player... I went to sleep not too long after getting in the tent. I woke up at about 1:45 and heard Hubby stumbling to bed... He had finished the wine, and was pretty drunk. Actually, he was UGLY drunk. I'm still amazed he found the tent. The next morning, I think he was still slightly drunk... LOL! He doesn't do that often (2 times in the 5 years I've known him) but when he does it, he does it good. Monday, we broke camp and headed home... it was a nice ride back, no traffic and nice weather.

Oh, almost forgot... we almost brought home a dawg with us... (gotta say that with a southern kinda twang... LOL!) Someone had this hound dog tied to a tree at the parking lot to the trail head. The poor thing had maybe 5 or 6 feet of rope, no water, no food, and seemed to have somehow hurt his feet. He was the sweetest thing... I almost had Hubby convinced that he would be better off with us, when on our last trip up to the car, someone had taken him and his rope. Poor puppy...

So, that's the really condensed version of the last 2 days camping... All in all, it was a good weekend, and I had fun, and I might do it again... but not anytime real soon.

2 babbled along:

Post a Comment

<< Home