The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

September 05, 2006

Hobbies...

Everyone has one. Don't tell me you don't. You might read, or collect stuff, or are even a blogger like me. Maybe your hobby is to just read blogs. You could even have the hobby of avoiding having a hobby.

Wanna know what my hobby is? My hobby is "Kind of". Huh? What do you mean you've never heard of that? Sure you have... I'll explain. Here are some of my hobbies...

I crochet. Kind of. I'm ok at it. I'm pretty much self-taught. I mean my mom does it, and my grandma does it too, so when I was young, I mean really young like 6 or so, they taught me how to crochet. I stopped doing it for a really long time, then tried my hand at it. I made a scarf. It was a thing of beauty. I stopped there.

I cross stitch. Kind of. I did a couple things, have some nice pieces, and some that I'd love to finish, but I got stuck on a piece I was doing, and sat it down to come back to later and never did.

I scrapbook. Kind of. I have some stuff to do a couple pages that the kids gave me for either my birthday or mother's day. I never even opened it... I would love to though, cause it looks like fun and the end result is always soooo cool.

See... My hobbies are Kind of.

I do love to take pictures, but I take forever to get the film developed. It took me 5 years to get pictures developed from our vacation to the happiest place on Earth.

I love to read, but it takes me forever to finish a book. I've been reading the same book for almost 3 weeks now. I think I'm on the 4th chapter. They are not unusually long chapters.

Now do you understand? That's what I meant by Kind of.

So, what would you expect someone with a hobby of Kind of to do? Yep! You guessed it. I started a new hobby. Yeah, like I have the time for that...

One of my good friends knits. Actually a few of my good friends knit. I love looking at the stuff they do. The great things they create. So, I got pointed in the direction of a great knitting site, and got some tips on what to look for in a learning to knit book, $25 later (shhh... don't tell hubby... lol!) and I have some basic supplies. Got the book, a pair of needles, a skein of yarn. I'm set.

This Christmas, everyone gets a scarf!

4 babbled along:

  • At 9:17 AM, September 06, 2006, Blogger The Cluck Wagon said…

    Your hobby sounds very similiar to mine - Not really.
    Do you knit? Not really.
    Do you collect things? Not really.
    Do you like to go antiquing? Not really.
    ;)

     
  • At 12:05 PM, September 06, 2006, Blogger Queen Bee said…

    I think I could get in to your hobby - kind of. Good luck with the knitting!

     
  • At 1:33 PM, September 06, 2006, Blogger hapimumTo3 said…

    Wow we must be long lost twins. I kind of crochet. Actually I'm working on something.
    I kind of cross stitch although I haven't done any in a long time. Oh and I kind of scrapbook although I haven't touched it since May when my church had a scrapbooking party.

     
  • At 1:45 PM, September 08, 2006, Blogger Lara said…

    I'm a good friend? What kind of good friend takes three days to read your post about knitting? ROFL.

    I'm so excited you found some stuff to get you going. And if you don't really like it (hard to imagine. ;) ), you can just chalk it up to your other hobby.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home