The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

May 17, 2006

Baseball, pets and wimpy spouses...

So, last night, I headed to the baseball field. The StupidX and wifeypoo were there, and I was meeting hubby there. I got there, just as the game was starting. Perfect timing. Now, I have to admit that I didn't want to go. I just was not in the mood for sitting at a field. I get there, and of course my kid is last batter. Now, I would be upset if this meant something, like they thought he was bad or something, but in little league, it means that he sat down last when the coach said "Come sit on the bench". So, we watch all the kids get up, and either watch all the perfect pitches sail by, or swing at stuff like they are playing tennis or golf. If you've ever seen little league you know what I mean... I don't think these kids are going to the world series. Anyway, finally the boy is at bat. He steps out of the box for way too many pitches. The coach takes over pitching (they don't walk the kids... we would never get out of an inning that way... ) Ky steps out, and the coach tells him to stay in the box. Relax. Swing at the one you think you can hit. Don't reach for it. He gets a hit! And like all hits, there are about 3 errors to go with it, and he gets on base. He went on to score his teams first run of the game. Woo Hoo! He was very excited about that... So was I. His team lost, 5-3, but they really tried. All in all, I'm glad I went. I won't get to go to his next game, I'll be with the girls for their dance pictures. I'm sure he'll be just as good in that one.

Did you ever notice how cats want nothing to do with you until they want something from you? Our cat was very aloof... for a long time. Like a year... then, all of a sudden, she became lovey. I don't mean rub against your leg lovey, I mean she follows you and wants to lay in your lap and steal your body heat lovey. Well, at night, she sleeps in the bed with us. Usually on top of hubby if he's on his back, or behind the crook of my knees. Well, we keep their food downstairs so the dog doesn't steal it. Well, Saturday morning, the cat starts in about 6 am... running in and out of the bedroom, jumping and sliding on the bed and the floor... walking up and down, getting in my face... just being annoying. When I finally dragged my lazy butt out of bed, I realized that her highness only had crumbs in the bottom of the food container. Pest.

Oh, guess where my hubby is today. Go on, I know you can guess. Home. He was a little stuffy and his eyes were a little itchy so he took a benadryl and stayed home today. I told him he was a wimp. That I have beed dealing with that for 2 months now! He told me to call an allergist. Right... So, while he's at home, sleeping off his benadryl, I'm here working through mine.

I sure hope he feels better soon... nothing worse than a whiny grown up.

3 babbled along:

  • At 7:46 PM, May 17, 2006, Blogger Queen Bee said…

    WTG Kyle!! Future major leaguer, Karen ;)

    Yep, cats are like that. Better that she loves you now, it's much more fun to have a pet that puts up with you.

    Oh, so with you on the men/wimps thing.

     
  • At 9:12 AM, May 18, 2006, Blogger The Cluck Wagon said…

    Wimp! lol. I'm gonna throw benadryl at him at the bbq this summer. ;)
    WTG Kyle!
    My cat is the same way - drives me nuts. She actually woke me up once at 5:30 a.m. by grabbing a mouthful of my hair and PULLING it!

     
  • At 4:26 PM, May 18, 2006, Blogger Heather said…

    Hey I am with Doug on this one... when I take benadryl the world doesn't exhist!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home