The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

May 14, 2008

The common thread...

What is the common denominator between these 3 things:

Root Canal
Gyno Appt
Family Portraits?

Give up? It would be what are the 3 things that any normal person would fear and dread... Am I normal? Nope... never claimed to be either...

We have an appointment for family portraits tonight for our church pictorial directory and I'm actually looking forward to it. Hopefully it won't disappoint me.

The last time we did this, I had been divorced for about 18 months... My kids were the star of the directory. They were in the directory with me... and with StupidX. He did that on purpose. He was still thinking that he needed to prove that he was the stellar parent. HA!

He and his Brady Bunch family aren't doing pictures... He claims it's because he doesn't have time. I know the real reason, and in a pathetic way, I feel sorry for him. I think it's all a matter of choices, and which ones we make. I don't think that his were as thought out as mine... he jumped into something too quickly, then couldn't back out, because I think he worried others would have thought less of him. I think that if he had it to do again, he might make different choices if he knew how it would turn out.

But that's enough of a psychology speech for today... I'm off to find something presentable for the rugrats to wear for the picture... I so wish Kyle weren't so picky about his wardrobe.

1 babbled along:

  • At 10:18 AM, May 15, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh ok...as long as you weren't going to tell us you ENJOYED the gyno appointment!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home