The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

April 10, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!

So, anyone got a mirror? And a really big washcloth? Oh! I know, I need a brillo pad!

I need to scrub that stuff off my face. The stuff that says "SUCKER!".

Last night was our Cub Scout District Roundtable meeting. It's once a month, and don't usually go, but I had to go last night to turn in the registrations for our Pack for the Summer Day Camp. So while there, they were talking about Leader training. There is one specific training I have tried to register for 2 years in a row, and couldn't do it... the first year was a schedule conflict, but they ended up cancelling anyway because they didn't have enough people. This year they didn't get enough people to sign up, so it was cancelled again!

The training is a combined class, and it's for outdoor skills and leadership. Your pack MUST have someone trained in these in order for them to go camping or on outings. Not only that, and you can call me a geek, but I like camping. I think it's fun, and I really enjoy our annual Pack Family Camping Weekend that we do every year.

Sorry, got a little off topic, but it really is related.

So last night, they mention this CSALT course again and right away, I'm interested. They talked about how they know there are over 80 leaders and they aren't all trained in stuff that they should/could be. That they had opened registration for the CSALT course and only had 1 or 2 people register... can you see how I would have been all alone at the training all weekend? Then said that word... the word that strikes fear in the bravest of souls... VOLUNTEER. Ack! They are starting a committee and they need people to help.

Guess who was hanging around afterward to help out on this committee? Yeah, me. Oh, and this other guy who was the other one to register 2 years in a row for CSALT and didn't get to go.

Yep, there's a sucker born every minute, and that makes today my birthday.

2 babbled along:

Post a Comment

<< Home