The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

June 19, 2007

Just how do I make a cat pee in a cup?

I love my cats... I really do. BUT there are some things that make me crazy. The thing that makes me the craziest is the fact that one cat thinks she needs to claim everything as her own. She claims it by peeing on it. But, if you have cats you know it's not normal pee when they are marking something, it's Super Pee.

I called the vet. She suggested a couple things. Use an enzymatic cleaner to get rid of the smell, and some other stuff to make her not want to mark anything any more. If those don't work, she wants to put her on Prozac. Yes. My cat on Prozac. Maybe we should just up her dosage of catnip...

Oh, and they think we should collect a urine sample. Right... a urine sample. And that brings me to the title of my post... If you have any hints, I'll be glad to listen to them. I can't promise I won't laugh about them though.

Labels:

5 babbled along:

  • At 7:14 PM, June 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Are you living my life? My cat pees EVERYWHERE! My vet asked me to get a urine sample as well. My solution? Have the cat overnight at the vet (cost me $18) and THEY can get the urine sample.

    Unfortunately, in Agatha's case, it didn't help. She's STILL peeing everywhere, and the enzymatic cleaner is good, not great, and $$$ to boot. Sigh.

     
  • At 9:04 AM, June 21, 2007, Blogger The Cluck Wagon said…

    Oh wow - don't know how to manage that. I like Michele's idea - let the vet do it. Otherwise I'm not much help because I'd just get rid of the cat. I'm mean like that.

     
  • At 2:18 PM, June 21, 2007, Blogger Lara said…

    Ha. Yeah right, cat urine sample. Whatever.

    I thought I was having fun with our cat antibiotics. The little grey kitty has an abcess on her leg, likely from a bite. It's yucky. And it has resulted in one of the indoor cats being permanently kicked out. We're pretty sure the tortie's the one who did the biting and she's the one who has litter box issues, too. We're still taking care of her and all, but she's even being fed outside now. She pretty much lives on the back patio.

     
  • At 1:19 PM, June 22, 2007, Blogger Chris Cactus said…

    That's a problem. We had a cat who did that, always in the basement. The cat died and we ended up having to rip up all the carpet and padding. WE just couldn't get rid of the smell. We tried everything!

     
  • At 5:39 PM, September 16, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To get the sample, fill a litter box with popcorn kernels and have your cat use this. You can simply pour the pee into the cup from there :)

    If you have more than one cat, lock one cat in a room with the box and water until s/he goes.

    Hope this helps.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home