The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

May 06, 2007

Fluffy, furry, fuzzy...

Not 3 new dwarves... but what I saw today...

This morning me, Kyle and Nikki headed out west... well maybe not that far west. We went to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival.
<
I knew it was a big thing in the knitting community here... but this big?

There was wool to be petted...

Oh... this kind of wool was petted too...

We wandered among the crowds...



we saw more animals...

We saw people doing cool stuff...

And I brought home some goodies...


I have to admit though, I was soooo overwhelmed, I almost walked out with nothing... It was so much to see and touch and yes... I was seen sniffing yarn.

I wondered though about the placement of the food stand selling Lamb Kabobs, and Leg of Lamb sandwiches right across from the barns... Shh... don't tell the lambs...

More pictures can be seen here.

6 babbled along:

  • At 11:20 PM, May 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh I am sooo jealous. Thanks for sharing it was great living it through you. LOL your son looks as if to say 'oh geez Mom c'mon, let's look at more animals not this yarn stuff.' LOLOL.

     
  • At 8:37 AM, May 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That was great, I live way to far away from there to go, maybe someday :), I'm sure if I go I will be in debt for the rest of my life ;P. Very interesting about the woman spinning the angora, I'll have to give it a try. :)

     
  • At 9:22 AM, May 07, 2007, Blogger Lindy said…

    That looks like fun! I wish I lived close enough to go. I love all of your pictures!

     
  • At 9:23 AM, May 07, 2007, Blogger The Cluck Wagon said…

    Glad you had a good time. But did you look for what you were really supposed to look for??? lol

     
  • At 10:08 AM, May 07, 2007, Blogger Kathleen Colligan said…

    I was there too. Was it not a great weekend! My first time and I was overwhlemed a bit too with all the crowds and vendors but still settled down to buy a few things and eat some lamb!

     
  • At 12:58 PM, May 07, 2007, Blogger Queen Bee said…

    That's a lot of people! I would have been a little taken aback at the selling of lamb kabobs and leg of lamb too!

    Cute that one of the wools was named Nikki :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home