The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

May 04, 2007

I am not guilty, Your Honor...

That's what I said this morning. To the Judge at the traffic court.

I had gotten a speeding ticket about a month ago. I didn't think I was going as fast as he said I was. He said radar doesn't lie. I didn't argue.

This morning, I went to have my day in court. I was calm, cool and collected. I knew what I was going to say, and how I was going to say it. I sat listening to the other people's cases. The judge was not giving points, but he was imposing fines. I could deal with that if I had to, but I was going to try to get out of it if possible.

They broke for a brief recess... I waited. While waiting, I watched the courtroom fill up again for the next round.

The judge returned, started calling cases... when he got to me, the officer that had written my ticket was not there. I was free to go, and I didn't even have to say anything.

Today is one of those days I like the justice system.

Labels:

2 babbled along:

Post a Comment

<< Home