The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

April 11, 2007

Man, I really need to keep up on this thing...

So, let's see... where was I?

Oh yeah, I was going crazy. You would think that things would calm down since the kids are on Spring Break. Not so...

Last week was just INSANE! Lots of the usual running with a couple extra church services thrown in there.

Friday I took the day off so that Nikki and I could go to our favorite service of all... Stations of the Cross... I LOVE that one. Anyway... I woke up Friday and something didn't seem right. I had a slight headache, my ears felt like there was water rushing... well or sounded like that... I thought maybe I was just hungry. Boy was I wrong... I have had what I thought were migraines before, but this? Way worse than any of that... It hurt to think, to talk, to listen to even breathe... I was nauseous, and shaky... I didn't eat all day because I felt so bad. I missed church, and dinner... I fell asleep around 7 and woke up about 8:30 that evening, and felt 99% better. I still had a slight headache, but not as bad as it had been earlier. Whew... I was still a little queasy thru the next afternoon, and my head was still a little "tender" but I was much improved!

There was something that I didn't connect, but my mom did... On Wednesday night, I had this weird rushing sound in my ears, and there was like a weird thing in my vision... kinda like when you look at a light, then close your eyes... know what I mean? Only it was with my eyes open. It looked like a letter C but with spikes on the outside curve. weird.... my mom thinks it may have been a precursor to the migraine. I hate to say that I'll have to wait and watch, but I'm not sure what else to do... anyone out there in InternetLand have any experience?

Oh, and this week? It's still a little crazy... prom dress shopping, interesting relationship talks with Kay (she informed me that she really didn't think that she wanted to wait until she was married, cause what if she never gets married?), toy shopping, and tonight we are on the hunt for a pair of shoes and a cell phone.

For those playing along at home, Insanity - 1... Me - 0

Labels: , ,

3 babbled along:

  • At 7:54 PM, April 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    (I found your blog randomnly but thought that my experiences might help you)

    Unfortunately for you, what you described with the weird light thing sounds like it was an aura, which can precede a migraine. I know they suck- I get them.

    For your sake, I hope migraines don't frequent you!

     
  • At 6:02 PM, April 17, 2007, Blogger Lara said…

    I get the eye thing when I get a migraine. Then after the migraine is over, I get the wonderful migraine hangover. Ugh. I hope you don't get them often. Mine are generally hormone-induced, which means about once a month. :p But if I'm being very good to my body I won't get one.

     
  • At 11:44 AM, April 20, 2007, Blogger The Cluck Wagon said…

    Hey- update your blog. I need new reading material. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home