The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

March 05, 2007

Looking for a recipe...

I'm looking for a recipe... it's a bit unusual, this recipe I'm searching for. I want to make me some groundhog stew.

That furry thing was wrong. We were lied to. Early spring my big toe!

I don't consider 37 degrees with wind gusts of 40 mph an early spring. I don't consider the possibility of a "Snow event" on Wednesday an early spring.

Why do they say that? "Snow event"... are they selling tickets? If so, I want a refund. I don't want snow. I don't want sleet or freezing rain. I don't want cold weather. I want Spring. I want my trees to grow, and my flowers to grow, and I want to open the windows and let the fresh air in.

When the weather guys and gals are calling for a "Snow event" it usually means one thing. They have absolutely no idea what's going to happen. We'll either get nothing, or we'll get dumped on. The other phrase they like? "Accumulating Snows". When they use them together... I get scared. Not because it means that we'll get feet of snow, just that every ya-hoo will be in the store buying all the bread, milk, eggs and toilet paper they can fit in their cars. And at the first flake, the schools will close, and every single person on the road will drop their speed and IQ by great amounts... If they are so afraid to drive, they should stay home. They aren't going to get so much snow that they can't survive on the bread, milk and eggs they already have. I just hope that the "Snow event" gets this leg of the tour cancelled.

I know I for one won't miss it.

Labels: ,

1 babbled along:

  • At 11:39 PM, March 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hope it misses you! We had a high of 65 today and it was so spring like :) Sorry, just had to rub that in ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home