The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

February 12, 2007

Reelin' in the East...

Stowin' away the time...

You know, there are somethings that I think I am 100% positive about, and then I find out I'm so wrong it isn't funny...

In the car, the radio has this thing that shows the title of the song and the artist... So on the classic rock station yesterday, Steely Dan came on... and I was happily singing along, on my way to get Kay from work. I glanced down to see what time it was, and I noticed that the song was Reelin' in the Years. I kept glancing down... I must have read that wrong, cause that is NOT what he's singing... He says Reelin' in the East, Stowing away the time, are you gatering up for keeps, do you have enough of mine.

Hey, I don't care that it doesn't make sense... It's what I've always thought they were singing. It's the way I've always sung it... Of course I'm right... All those other people don't know what they're talking about...

Next time it comes on the radio in the car, maybe I'll sing it the way they think it should be, but only because that way makes more sense. Not because it's right, because it's not... I am.

Labels:

2 babbled along:

Post a Comment

<< Home