The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

April 25, 2007

It has been brought to my attention, that I don't update enough. So, to Miss LoisLane... pppbbbblllltttt!!!!!

I'm on this new training routine. I have decided that again this year, I will be participating in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. (Watch this space for more info soon... I will be setting up a team, a website, and I think I'll even have a spiffy button for donations/pledges on here to make it as painless as possible.) The difference between this year and last year is that I want to run it. I want to be there, and actually Race. I have a good friend who is a serious Look-there-she-is-in-another-marathon runner. I solicited her help in getting my big lazy butt in shape to be able to actually run. She has me on a training program of doing crunches, walking 4 times a week, and stretching.

I guess it's working some, cause I don't want to die anymore.

After that first round of crunches, I would lie in bed and just wish that I would die... Hubby, being the supportive thing tried to encourage me, but I wanted no parts of it. All I could think was "What the heck was I thinking?!"

I like the walking part... the dog and I head out, and she gets some exercise too. She's a hyper thing, so it's helping her too, and for my 20 pound weakling, she'll rip your arm off just as easily as look at you. The vet called her a "nervous biter". We were really worried about that, but we have figured out how she reacts to people and situations, and we don't take chances or let our guard down. If we are expecting a crowd, she goes into the back yard, or her crate. If there will be kids, she's in the crate. Once she sees that they are not there to kill or burglarize us, we can let her out, and she is fine. All of that aside, she makes me feel very safe... especially since she has a thing against anyone with saggy pants or a hood on. Oh, and if you have a hat on, she doesn't like it. Took her a while to get used to Kyle wearing a hat in the winter.

I hope that I don't get burn out and decide that running the race isn't what I want to do... Kyle and Nikki are going with me this year, so after I run the race, I'll be walking it... Jilly, do you think that you and the kids would want to join me? How about you Annette? The more the merrier! It will be held this year in Hunt Valley, just down the road from both of you... ok, so maybe not *just* down the road, but down the road. Once I get the team set up, if you're interested, you can sign up... I think it would be fun!

Oh, and on a completely unrelated note... I really really REALLY want to go here. Hubby said I could, but I wasn't allowed to take any money with me... I might try to bribe him with a sweater... think it will work?

Labels: , ,

2 babbled along:

Post a Comment

<< Home