The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

April 30, 2007

Another weekend blurs right on by...

I had big plans this weekend... with a bunk bed... the same big plans I have had for about 3 months now it seems... every stinking weekend. Do you think they would happen? Nope.

All I really wanted to accomplish was getting Kyle's new bunks set up. Saturday, spent running around in the morning, then in the afternoon, running Kay from dance class to home, then out to a babysitting job (for those inquiring minds, and you know who you are, she sat for 3.5 hours and they paid her $30.00.) and then vegging for a bit with Hubby, then I had to run back out and get her from the babysitting job and then it was 11 pm... where had the day gone?!

Sunday? Same thing kinda sorta... But instead of running around it was doing yard work, and some work-work that I had taken home. Kay had a repeat performance babysitting, but this time, not so much money... 4:30-8:30 and she only made $20. Hmm... but, she wasn't upset by the drop in price, she got $50.00 for the weekend, so not too bad.

Now, about those bunk beds... They are in the basement... just sitting there... staring at me everytime I go down there... One of the reasons I hesitate to put them up, they are metal. The little rubbery feet things are gone... and? We have hardwood floors. I do not want to put those scratchy metal feet on my floors. Until I come up with a good alternative, I'm gonna keep procrastinating.

Oh... and can I just say I really don't like Spring... all the sneezing, itching, ickiness... ugh.

Labels: ,

3 babbled along:

  • At 1:51 PM, April 30, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like my weekend ;) And hey, if you go to Home Depot or Lowes, you can get replacement rubber feet for the bunk beds.

    Achoo!

     
  • At 3:42 PM, May 06, 2007, Blogger Queen Bee said…

    Yeah, get those little rubbery feet things replaced, I'm sure you can find something. I got some similar things at Walmart of all places.

     
  • At 11:37 PM, May 06, 2007, Blogger Unknown said…

    Try using thr roll of shelf pads, sold at the dollar stores. Just cut to fit under the bed feet. They come in a variety of colors and not only won't the floor get scratched, the beds won't slide.
    Hugs,
    C.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home