The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

May 08, 2007

This day in history...

According to Wikipedia, on this day in history:

1794 - Branded a traitor during the Reign of Terror by revolutionists, French chemist Antoine Lavoisier, who was also a tax collector with the Ferme Générale, was tried, convicted, and guillotined all on one day in Paris.

1861 - American Civil War: Richmond, Virginia, is named the capital of the Confederate States of America.

1919 - Edward George Honey first proposed the idea of a moment of silence to commemorate The Armistice of World War I, which later resulted in the creation of Remembrance Day.

1965 - Yours truly was born, and things have never been the same since!

Other excuses besides my birthday to celebrate:


World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
VE Day
Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
Parents' Day in South Korea
Gay day in South Africa (observed by the gay community)


I share my birthday with Don Rickles, Harry S. Truman, Peter Benchley, Bobby LaBonte, and many more...

Have a piece of cake, wear a party hat. You're allowed... you're celebrating!

Labels:

3 babbled along:

Post a Comment

<< Home