The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

August 19, 2007

Feeling a little squirrely....

I'm sure you've all heard that expression... well, for me it means something else. Those stupid rats with fancy tails are on my hit list...

When we bought our house, our realtor gave us 2 pear trees. One died, so last fall we replaced it. This year the one we had first got pears. 3 nice sized pears. I had been watching them all summer... it was almost time to harvest my 3 pears.

This afternoon, I was standing at the back door watching the rain and I noticed a squirrel. Hmm... what does he have? It almost looks like... Sure enough... there are no pears on my tree... that stupid rat and all his thieving relatives are enjoying the fruits from tree! GRR! I'm not one to wish harm to any animal really, but that's one squirrel I hope takes his time crossing the street... or better yet, I hope he chokes on the seeds.

Of course the neighbors probably thought I had gone off the deep end while I went running out in the rain to yell at the tree and call it a few choice names.

On a non-squirelly note, pictures as promised. My summer in a photo log. :P

1 babbled along:

Post a Comment

<< Home