The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

July 17, 2007

I love Freecycle...

I had cleaned the basement for the AC guys (who are now on my Christmas Card list... they are my new BFFs) and had accumulated a large gathering of stuff on the front porch. AmVets came and picked up about 13 bags of clothing. There was a lot of baby stuff in there. My "baby" will be 8 in October... There are about 20 boxes of misc stuff that I don't use/need/want under a tarp on my front porch but I also don't want to just give most of it away... so that's slated for a yard sale sometime in August. There was other stuff that I didn't get up in time for AmVets, so I posted on my Freecycle email list, and gave it away... 2 dead printers, 2 small tvs, some more clothing, and other misc stuff. All gone in a matter of a day or 2.

That alone is reason enough to love Freecycle... but there's more...

Last night, Hubby and I shoved and crammed a working treadmill in the back of my van. WOO HOO!

Now perhaps I'll actually get my butt in gear and get motivated... I start to exercise then quickly fall off the latest bandwagon I'm on.

The way I see it though, even if I don't keep at it, I haven't wasted any money, and I can just set it on my front porch and post my own OFFER: email...


ps, I did not forget the pictures, I promise! I just haven't had the time to sit and get them off the card.

Labels:

2 babbled along:

  • At 2:04 PM, July 23, 2007, Blogger Lara said…

    I gave my treadmill away through freecycle a few weeks ago. LOL.

     
  • At 10:55 AM, August 02, 2007, Blogger Aunt Kathy said…

    Mean Mom now that's a title for a blog. LOL. Yes AC guys would be on my card list too, and so would a pool installer... unfortunately I don't have either. {{{sigh}}}

     

Post a Comment

<< Home