The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

March 04, 2008

I don't know anything...

I was never a teenager. I never had a boy break up with me. I never cried myself to sleep over a romance gone wrong.

That's what she thinks. Funny thing about all that though, I can't seem to find the right words to say to let her know that it will be better.

Instead, last night, we sat in the chair in the living room and she cried on me. She told me that a friend of hers offered to go beat him up. I told her that was probably not a good idea. Besides, I get to do that.

Today is another day, and she has to keep going to school and to work, and he'll be in both those places. I told her she can't stop doing what she needs to do or wants to do just because her heart is breaking. He doesn't deserve to see her upset since he broke up in a text message! Jerk.

I did tell her to look on the bright side, now when she goes away to college, she won't have to feel bad about dating the guys there. ;)

**************
Off topic-Traci, wristwarmers are like gloves with out any fingers... I posted the one I have finished on flickr.

3 babbled along:

  • At 12:34 PM, March 04, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, can I beat him up too? I'm taking karate....

    Your fetching look lovely! Makes me want to knit a pair.

     
  • At 3:45 PM, March 04, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm not beating any body up. I prefer more subtle forms of revenge. They work together? Don't suppose she's in drama club? Time to dig deep down and put on the smiley mask and...flirt. Flirt shamelessly (but not skankily) with any hot guy that appears in her orbit whether suck boy is around or not.

    Not to say she needs to grab a new guy immediately or that she needs to appear totally perky, she just needs to put on a happy face in public as best she can ("OK, I've cried, I'm over it, time to move on"...no matter what's really going on inside) and give herself a much-needed confidence boost and deliver, if not a complete grenade to suck boy's self confidence, then at least a glancing blow that leaves him wondering. Boys suck.

     
  • At 10:55 AM, March 05, 2008, Blogger The Cluck Wagon said…

    Does he have a car? Letting the air out of the tires is always satisfying. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home