The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

February 15, 2008

Nothing like a little DIY Surgery...

So, remember how a long time ago I mentioned my skin tag? Well, it's been getting bigger... not at an alarming rate, but still...

Last week I was getting undressed, and I noticed something in my bra... it was blood. The stupid tag was bleeding a little. Me, not wanting to go to the dr to have it looked at again went to the internet... cause you know, if it's on here, it's gospel truth.

I gave the tag a little twist to cut off the blood supply and put a band-aid on it. I have had a band-aid on the girl since last week... on Tuesday, I went back to the all knowing internet and looked some more... several sites said to cut it off. That it wouldn't hurt. So I tried... To my shock and surprise, it hurt! so I stopped what I was doing, put a new bandaid on it and left it alone. The next day I changed the bandaid and put some antibiotic ointment on it so it wouldn't get infected... that would be baaaaad.

So, all day yesterday, it itched like crazy! I got home, took off the bandage, and looked at it... went to put the bandage back and the tag fell off! WOo Hoo! No more skin tag.

Of course my mom says that it will come back... She also says that I should have gone to the Dr to have it removed because she didn't think it was a skin tag, but since I had already flashed them, and they didn't think it was anything to be concerned about, so I wasn't going back.

It's still a little itchy, but I figure it's healing from my lame attempt at surgery... Hopefully the whole thing doesn't fall off.

2 babbled along:

  • At 5:43 PM, February 15, 2008, Blogger Lara said…

    LOL. That is totally something I would do. I had a mole on my arm that was itchy and I accidentally scratched it off. It's gone. It didn't come back.

    Not that I recommend DIY mole removal, either . . .

     
  • At 3:54 PM, February 17, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had a skin tag on my neck and when I was in labor with Megan, Eric thought it was a booger and kept trying to pick it off!! I think I finally slapped his hand. BTW, I accidentally pulled mine off with my bath scrubby, it got caught and yanked off. Hasn't come back, yet! Sorry this turned into a book!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home