The Mean Mom

Just ask my 7 year old, he'll tell you. Don't believe him? Ask my 14 year old, if she still leaves you in doubt, my 17 year old can confirm it too.

March 03, 2008

This is beginning to look like a knitting blog...

I went out on Saturday morning with Kyle's scout pack to pick up the donations for Scouting for Food (lemme tell you, it was bad! We only had about 15 donations out of about 400 homes... ) and one of the other mom's had on a pair of wristwarmers. They were a synthetic striped pair. She bought them out somewhere, and she really liked them. I will admit they were cute. But, other than the stripes, they were pretty plain.

I came home, and thought, "You know, everyone and their brother has made some, so I might as well too..." I immediately cast on for a pair of Fetching. I was using some Paton's Classic Merino that I received as a gift for Christmas a couple years back. I didn't know what I wanted to make with it, but it's perfect for them!

I knit most of the evening Saturday, and most of the afternoon on Sunday and I have one done... I was a bit stressed about the thumb, but it looks ok. I need to work on how to pick up the stitches with out it leaving a hole.

I'll post pictures as soon as I get the second one done.

In other news, that is not knitting related, boys suck. Especially boys that make my girls cry. Kay sent me a text message saying that she "thinks" her boyfriend broke up with her. Let me explain why she doesn't know for sure...

Saturday they were supposed to go out. He cancelled on her. They didn't speak all weekend. She said they had a long discussion about how he always cancels on her and if he doesn't want to go out, he needs to just say so. He gave her some long speech that ended with him saying he needed time to think by himself.

Ugh... I told her if that was what he was doing, he wasn't worth it. That he isn't worth her tears, and that he was stupid.

I hate when my kids hurt... I'll be thinking about her all day... I might have to call her after school to see how she's doing.

Stupid boys.

Labels: ,

4 babbled along:

  • At 1:08 PM, March 03, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Teenage boys are stupid :P Hopefully Kyle will learn from watching his sisters and not treat girls poorly!

    And heck, a knitting blog is a good thing, but we need pictures! :D It's always ok to take a photo of an unfinished project. *hint hint*

     
  • At 1:51 PM, March 03, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK. You talked me into it. I've got a bunch of Patons Classic Merino. Fetching it is!

    I promise I will (attempt to) teach my two (little) boys that if they do need to break up with a girl that they should do it 1) respectfully and with concern for the girl's feelings and 2) unambiguously.

    Boys suck!

     
  • At 8:55 AM, March 04, 2008, Blogger The Cluck Wagon said…

    Boys definitely suck. They totally suck sweaty donkey balls - and you can tell Kay I said so.

    Also, what the heck are wristwarmers?

     
  • At 11:29 AM, March 04, 2008, Blogger Sharon said…

    Boys do suck. But without the drama, we'd have less excuses for chocolate.

    Give Kay a hug from me.

    Sharon

     

Post a Comment

<< Home